|Welcome to an ancient provençal stone house, with two holiday-appartements, set in a wide tranquil valley, 1.5 miles from the medieval village of Rosans. In the foothills of the "Alpes de Provence", the area is half wild, half agricultural with sheep farms nearby.
The respect of your privacy has been largely considered when the two self-catered holiday-homes were created.
We are using ecologic materials as much as possible to respect the provençal style.
Trees, bushes and herbs create a relaxing and harmonious space for men, faune and flore.
Next to each gite there are herbs which can be used to improve your dishes during your holidays.
Our valley, the "Rosanais" is still a quite unknown region, faraway from urbain concentration centers.
Flora and fauna are particularly varied due to the influence of mediteranean and alpean climate.
In this nature, with his contrastfull relief,
are living vultures, eagles, ibex, beavers...
and are growing lavender, thyme,... as well as numerous sorts of orchids, flowering in springtime..
- Hiking-tours* (here you can still find the bewitching solitude of the mountain world)
- Discovering of ancient villages and the geological environment which is very interesting with fossils, minerals and fascinating rock formations
- Swimming : there is a little pound at 1 mile and the river Aigues at 1 mile
- Horse riding : 1 km from the house
- Moutain bike* : our region has been chosen for the "prealpine", for its ideal conditions for mountainbiking
- Biking : you can enjoy numerous little roads with very view traffic
- Nature discovering with men and women willing to share their passion with you ...
- Climbing at 25 km, parascending 40 km distance by car
- Daytrips to historical sites : romain, medieval, renaissance
(St. André de Rosans, Vaison la Romaine, Orange, Avignon,...)
- Visit of provençal markets
*guidebooks, map and advice are available
All the year
we speak english
ik praat nederlands en flaams
| Gite Bignonia
| Gita Amaranthe
| cuisine Bignonia
| cuisine Amaranthe